Re: Moving from CVS to git

On emacs the porting for moving from bazaar to git was done by erick
raymond (for preserving all the history).

Erick worked with his tool reposurgeon (or perhaps repo-surgeon). I
think the tool was created on python. Perhaps the same tool could be applied
here.

see:
https://www.masteringemacs.org/article/emacss-switch-to-git