Re: How to use emacs-w3m feature: octet?

Hi,

>> On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:33:59 -0500
>> boruch_baum@xxxxxxx (Boruch Baum) said as follows:

>The codebase includes a file 'octet.el' that I can't figure out how to
>use, so I'm turning to the list for guidance (also cc'ing the listed
>author, Yuuichi Teranishi <teranisi@xxxxxxxxxx>)

>The instructions are to `(require 'octet)`, which tells me that package
>`poe` is not found, and I also see another required package `pces` that
>also can't be found. Neither show up either in (M)ELPA or in a cursory
>internet search.

octet.el is a module to display several MIME contents generated by
Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel encoded in application/octet-stream
style.  It converts them into text/html format using converters like
xlhtml and wvware, and displays them using emacs-w3m.  It works on
several MUAs based on SEMI package, including Wanderlust and Semi-Gnus.
This module is effective when we use non-window environment.

SEMI package depends on FLIM package, which provides serveral utility
functions to handle MIME messages.

poe.el and pces.el are parts of APEL package, which is designed to
absorb differences between several Emacsens, like GNU Emacs, XEmacs, and
MULE.

APEL, FLIM and SEMI were widely used by Japanese Emacsen users, because
they were effective to handle MIME messages.

APEL can be downloaded from http://git.chise.org/elisp/apel/.
FLIM can be downloaded from http://git.chise.org/elisp/flim/.
SEMI can be downloaded from http://git.chise.org/elisp/semi/.

--