The latest w3m-download commits pushed to the project PR branch[1] (my
bb_download branch[2]) includes with many new features and enhancements,
for everyone's use and feedback. As before, for those not wanting to use
git or github for this, the direct download of the new version of the
file is here[3]. For those using git, it can be used from either my
bb_download[2] or master[4] branches. Enjoy.

Some highlights:

+ all downloads can be viewed from a single buffer. Use the new function
  `w3m-download-view-queue' which I've suggested be bound by default to
  to 'Y' and 'S-C-y'.

+ with single keystrokes, downloads can be paused, resumed, examined, and
  removed.

+ it's prettier.

Note that the commit dates are wrong; I had squashed many local small
commits and the re-base adopted the commit date of the earliest one
instead of the latest one.

There is one feature in the latest commit that isn't really tested:
session persistence of download information so downloads can be easily /
automatically resumed or recalled across emacs-w3m sessions. I had
trouble with this because it turns out that buffer and process objects
can't be saved to/restored from files using the 'normal' procedure of
save/load-list. That's taken care of now, but I haven't yet tested that
overall feature, yet.