Re: bookmark file not reloaded until w3m restart

On 2019-04-14 03:49, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Hm, it seems my bug reports have not attracted a lot of interest...
> Perhaps I'll just ask here instead!

I'll take a look at the github site and see if there's anything there
that I can help with (no promise, no committment).

> OK, regardless of whatever, another issue since I've updated my OS and
> Emacs, that I've noticed, which isn't nearly as annoying as the
> "double (re)load" of any opened web page, but still, is that when I
> edit the bookmark file, then go back to Emacs-w3m, simply hitting `r'
> (for `w3m-reload-this-page') won't do. The old bookmark page appears
> over and over.

Are you certain that your system is binding that function to lower-case
'r'? On my system, it's upper-case 'R', and a similar function
`w3m-redisplay-this-page' is bound the lower-case 'r'.

EDIT: Hmmm. Before I hit =send=, I actually bothered to try to reproduce
your report, and can't. I loaded a bookmark buffer ('V'
w3m-bookmark-view-new-session), then opened the file on disk and changed
the html source, saved the file, returned to the bookmark buffer,
pressed lower-case 'r', and the edit appeared.

Can you think of any other details to add to your report?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0