Re: Problems installing emacs-w3m

You will have to forgive my lack of knowledge here but I'm not sure I
understand what you are saying. When I install w3m via Melpa I make no
edits to ~/.emacs.d/init.el

The good news is that I've taken what you've told me and added the line:

(setq w3m-init-file "~/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20201126.339")

to my ~/.emacs.d/init.el file, did a package-reinstall of w3m and so far
things seem to be working.

I don't know how or why but I'm not about to question it.

I thank you and everyone else for their time and assistance with this.
It is appreciated.