Re: Quicksearch support in Emacs-w3m

Katsumi Yamaoka writes:

> TSUCHYA-san said that there's no problem if the Quicksearch
> feature is performed only when the command `w3m-goto-url' is
> called interactively.  However, he also said it may be
> undesirable that the feature is utilized even if `w3m-goto-url'
> is used as a backend function.

Hm.  I'm not sure what you mean by "backend function", but I don't think
it would be a good idea to restrict quicksearches to interactive calls.
I have tried to add a simple interactive check in `w3m-goto-url', and as
I feared, it breaks a number of things wrt quicksearch urls, most
noticeably url grouping: when you use a group url, `w3m-goto-url' splits
the group url into individual urls and calls itself on them
(non-interactively).  And since in this case the function doesn't check
for quicksearch urls, it doesn't work...

Unfortunately, the interactive check also breaks bookmarking of
quicksearch urls, since you use `w3m-view-this-url' to view a bookmark,
and it calls `w3m-goto-url', so it's not an interactive call.

I think a better approach would be to find a case where the new feature
breaks another one, but I didn't find it (yet?).

> Anyway, I want to realize that feature. :)

When you're used to it, it's hard to live without. :)

        Romain.

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com> | This is a man's man's man's
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | world. --James Brown