Re: Websites consistently failing

Hi,

> There are certain websites (everything in the axkit wiki,
> http://www.axkit.org/wiki/view/AxKit/LiveSites for instance) which I
> can't visit using emacs-w3m 1.3.6 without receiving the following
> error:

> Reading http://www.axkit.org/wiki/view/AxKit/LiveSites...done
> Can't decode encoded contents: http://www.axkit.org/wiki/view/AxKit/LiveSites
> Cannot retrieve URL: http://www.axkit.org/wiki/view/AxKit/LiveSites (exit status: 0)

I got the same error for that page.  The contents are compressed
by gzip but seem to have corrupted, since gzip returned the
message ``gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file'' and the code 1.

> This also happens on several "normal" websites after a time; I'll get
> the above error on a site which, only a few moments earlier, worked
> fine and, until I kill and restart my emacs session, the site refuses
> to load. This is under w3m 0.4.1 and emacs 21.3 if that matters at
> all.

> Any ideas about what might be happening?

Well, we can make gzip return always the code 0 as follows,
though it isn't a right solution. ;-)

(setcdr (assq 'gzip w3m-decoder-alist)
	'("/bin/sh" ("-c" "gzip -d 2>/dev/null; exit 0")))
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>