Re: italics in emacs-w3m

--- Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> wrote:
> Hi,

> It may be possible to highlight italic text, however
> it possibly
> makes emacs-w3m slow.  Because emacs-w3m has to
> parse html
> sources in order to highlight not only italic but
> also
> bold-italic, italic-underline,
> bold-italic-underline, etc.
> For instance:

> Furthermore, it may be an anchor or have to be
> strike-through.
> Anyhow, it should be added to the TODO list to make
> emacs-w3m
> faster and support them.  Developers?
> --

 If emacs-w3m doesn't parse the html, how does it
identify the simple
bold text, as it does now...

 Or is that done by the external w3m?

 If so, why doesn't the external w3m recognize
italics?

 I mean, why can't italics be done the same way as the
simple bold is
shown?

 So if I need a feature, I have to chip in the code?
;-)

 Thanks.