[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: emacs-w3m not rendering webpages

I need other developers' help!  I tried to build w3mmee-p24-19
for LANG=EN under RHL9, however it failed with the following

% make
make: *** No rule to make target `config.h', needed by `XXMakefile'.  Stop.


>>>>> In [emacs-w3m : No.06363]
>>>>>	asubedi <asubedi@DEPAUW.EDU> wrote:

> I am using 1.3.80, I also tried 1.3.60. I was using GNU Emacs 21.3-r1 then I
> upgraded it to 21.3-r2.

> There are no error messages.


> w3m-version
>  => "w3m/0.3.2+mee-p24-19"
> w3m-type
>  => w3mmee
> w3m-compile-options
>  => ("lang=en" "image" "color" "mouse" "menu" "cookie" "ssl" "ssl-verify" "w3mmailer" "nntp" "gopher" "mark")

Thanks.  I tried w3mmee (p24-18), emacs-w3m 1.3.80 and Emacs
21.3 and confirmed there's no problem.  However, there are some
differences between you and me.  Here are the configurations of
my w3mmee:

 => "w3m/0.3.2+mee-p24-18+moe-1.5.4"
 => w3mmee
 => ("lang=many" "kanji-symbols" "image" "color" "ansi-color" "mouse" "menu" "cookie" "ssl" "ssl-verify" "w3mmailer" "nntp" "gopher" "mark" "romaji")

I don't know why w3mmee is used for LANG=EN since I think it is
for the purpose of handling many languages.  But that may not
be a problem.  I'm worried that emacs-w3m doesn't work with
w3mmee configured with LANG=EN.

I normally use w3m, not w3mee.
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>