Re: emacs-w3m underlines everything and mixes up URLs (new w3m-0.5?)

> Sorry to be late.

> As I wrote, with evaporate overlay's property, we can remove
> overlays when the buffer which the overlays belong to becomes empty
> automatically.  I think w3m-delete-all-overlays is not needed.

Exactly.

Matt Hodges wrote as follows:

> Similar problems arise in Gnus and VM, so it would be good to fix
> the underlying cause, rather than relying on workarounds.

I also got a report from Hiroshi Fujishima yesterday that there
is a problem in Gnus.  When a user types the `t' key in the
summary buffer, mouse-face spreads over the whole article header.
It is required that the value for gnus-treat-buttonize-head is
`head' (which is the default).  I haven't investigated it yet,
though.

> Here is the patch. Yamaoka-san, could you review and install my patch?
> Only 'widget-convert-button' is used as the argument for grep to find
> the place where I insert '(overlay-put (widget-get w :button-overlay)
> 'evaporate t)'.  I'm afraid missing other places to hack.

Thanks.  Your patch looks pertinent.  I'll install it tomorrow
(I need time to write ChangeLog entries :-).
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>