Re: enabling evaporation of overlays

Yamaoka-san wrote:
> I heard
> Masatake YAMATO is planning to enable evaporation of all
> overlays by default.  All problems will be solved if it is
> realized.

The idae is rejected but another idea is suggested by RMS in emacs-devel:

	How do you think make evaporate overlay's property t by default(when make-overlay)?

    That would break many programs.  It is the wrong solution.

    I think the right fix is in fix_start_end_in_overlays.  When an
    insertion occurs next to an overlay whose beginning-marker is the
    advancing kind and whose end-marker is not, the overlay should stay
    empty.

I will follow this idea.

Masatake YAMATO