Re: another sb-bbc.el fix

On Fri, 07 May 2004 02:28:11 +0900 TSUCHIYA Masatoshi wrote:

>>> On Thu, 06 May 2004 18:23:25 +0200
>>> david.hansen@gmx.net (David Hansen) said as follows:
>
>>What do you think about
>>http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WThreeMShimbun
>
>>The emacswiki has probably some more readers than the emacs-w3m list.
>
> This is not a good news.

It's just that most emacs users don't know Japanese that well :)  And
maybe some *users* won't search a mailing list archive of a (mainly)
developers list to find new Shimbun modules.

So i like the idea of publishing new Shimbun modules via a popular http
interface like the emacswiki.  You can upload files to the emacswiki
too and even edit the pages with emacs.

> I will put donated modules to our CVS repository.  Its files are
> accessble with ViewCVS, so, you can put a link like
>
>   http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m/shimbun/sb-foo.el?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
>
> on EmacsWiKi.

This will be a "natural" way to link them when they found their way into
the CVS repository.

Please drop a note when my modules are available via CVS so i can
update the wiki pages.

>>Just curious, what happens with the "Reply To:" header on this list?
>
> Because our mailing list is open to public, it is important for the
> members of our list to distinguish whether each article is posted by
> the members or not.  We, therefore, configured our mailing list server
> to add the author's address to reply-to field if he/she is not a
> member.
>
> I have changed this configuration slightly, and now, articles posted
> with Gmane will be delivered without the described modification.

This makes sense to me.  But you should use the user supplied "Reply
To:" (if there is one) instead of the "From:".  It's not uncommon on
usenet to use some "junk mail address" in the "From:" and a "real"
address in the "Reply To:" header.

David