Re: display html patch

Hi,

>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:34:32 +0200
>> hsh@freecode.dk (Henrik S. Hansen) said as follows:

>(w3m-ucs-to-char codepoint) returns 126 regardless of the integer (I
>tried with a few -- 17, 110, 78, 160).  This is Emacs 21 with mule-ucs.
>Emacs 21 without mule-ucs returns the integer itself, unless it's 160 or
>above, it seems.

>Since I use the console, full unicode fonts are not available.  I can
>display only a subset -- iso-8859-1 and some cyrillic fonts, I
>believe.

I think that your font environment is insufficient to display Unicode
characters.  If you prepare enough fonts to display Unicode characters
and use an appropriate terminal which supports Unicode characters,
emacs-w3m will display them as many as possible with Mule-UCS or
Emacsen itself.

>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:02:39 +0200
>> hsh@freecode.dk (Henrik S. Hansen) said as follows:

>Stefan Monnier told me on gnu.emacs.sources that latin1-disp.el
>should probably be used for this kind of thing -- and that my patch
>should be against that package instead.

>I think he's right.  Do you agree?

I agree.  latin1-disp.el may be a generic solution to display Unicode
characters in poor terminals, I think.

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi