locks xemacs on download

This bug report will be sent to the emacs-w3m development team,
 not to your local site managers!!
Please write in simple English, because the emacs-w3m developers
aren't good at English reading. ;-)

Please describe as succinctly as possible:
    - What happened.
    - What you thought should have happened.
    - Precisely what you were doing at the time.

Please also include any Lisp back-traces that you may have.
Dear Bug Team!

Ok, I've confirmed this three times in a row so it's reliable
on my setup: Mandrake 10.1, P3/700MHz machine with only 512MB
(ie, just a little cramped) running Gnome desktop and XEmacs
with the current CVS image emacs-w3m

if I go to http://www.bricolage.cc and put the point on the
download-current link, then press 'd' I am prompted for a location,
which I edit and then hit return.  the message says this is async;
if I load any other w3m pages (or maybe just wait?) the XEmacs
GUI will completely lock up, no repaints, and no file appears in
the specified directory.  the process table says XEmacs is still
alive and at the top of the list, but I waited several minutes
and it still did not repaint any moved or un-covered windows.

XEmacs does respond to a normal kill signal, so it likely is still
alive, but the XEmacs display is very locked.  The rest of the
desktop is unaffected.

System Info to help track down your bug:
---------------------------------------
emacs-w3m-version
 => "1.4.3"
emacs-version
 => "XEmacs 21.4 (patch 15) \"Security Through Obscurity\" [Lucid] (i386-mandrake-linux, Mule) of Mon Aug 16 2004 on n5.mandrakesoft.com"
(featurep (quote mule))
 => t
(featurep (quote file-coding))
 => t
system-type
 => linux
w3m-version
 => "w3m/0.5.1"
w3m-type
 => w3m-m17n
w3m-compile-options
 => ("lang=en" "m17n" "image" "color" "ansi-color" "mouse" "gpm" "menu" "cookie" "ssl" "ssl-verify" "external-uri-loader" "w3mmailer" "nntp" "gopher" "ipv6" "alarm" "mark")
w3m-language
 => nil
w3m-command-arguments
 => nil