Re: Problems with refresh

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> I've noticed that on some webpages emacs-w3m doesn't refresh although
>> w3m does if I use it stand alone. Unfortunately I can't give you the
>> link for tha page I have in mind because access is restricted to that
>> page. However, it has a refresh time of 598 secs which obviously is
>> not the kind of thing emacs-w3m bothers to do accordingly.
>> Are there different methods for implementing refresh tags in the web
>> pages? Btw, w3m-use-refresh is set to t.
>
>> Please tell me what I can do to investigate this problem further.
>
> What version of Emacs or XEmacs and emacs-w3m are you using?
> An easy way to get them is to type `M-x report-emacs-w3m-bug'.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it. Just in case you need all (or at least
more than I thought) of the information, here is the output of
report-emacs-w3m-bug:
------
emacs-w3m-version
 => "1.4.3"
emacs-version
 => "GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)\n of 2004-10-16 on raven, modified by Debian"
mule-version
 => "5.0 (SAKAKI)"
system-type
 => gnu/linux
w3m-version
 => "w3m/0.5.1"
w3m-type
 => w3m-m17n
w3m-compile-options
 => ("lang=en" "m17n" "image" "color" "ansi-color" "mouse" "gpm" "menu" "cookie" "ssl" "ssl-verify" "external-uri-loader" "w3mmailer" "nntp" "gopher" "ipv6" "alarm" "mark" "migemo")
w3m-language
 => nil
w3m-command-arguments
 => nil
w3m-command-arguments-alist
 => nil
w3m-command-environment
 => nil
w3m-input-coding-system
 => utf-8
w3m-output-coding-system
 => utf-8
w3m-use-mule-ucs
 => nil
------

> There's a known problem that XEmacs other than the most recent
>version doesn't run the timer function correctly, and it will cause a
>malfunction on refreshing.  Even if you are using such a version of
>XEmacs, emacs-w3m which is newer than v1.3.6 fixes the problem.
Apparently it has to be something else in my case though.

Regards,

Elias