Re: html images still not viewed in gnus

> Katsumi:

>> And then, type the `t' key (or the `i' key).  Doesn't the image
>> appear?

> Unfortunately not! When I type `t' onto '[cid]' nothing happens;
> if I type 't' in another place of the message, in the echo area
> this message appears: 'No image at point'.

That's quite strange.  I want to know whether your Emacs support
the png image format, because anything will not indeed happen if
it is not supported.  Does your Gnus display the following image
in the article buffer?

PNG image

This is the same as the one in the message [emacs-w3m:07765]
not been composed as an html message.  You can test your Emacs
for also other image formats by evaluating the following forms:

(image-type-available-p 'gif)
(image-type-available-p 'jpeg)
(image-type-available-p 'tiff)
(image-type-available-p 'xbm)
(image-type-available-p 'xpm)

(Copy those forms into the *scratch* buffer and type `C-j' at
the end of each line.)

> In my .emacs there's still:

> (require 'w3m-load)

> , and in my .gnus.el:

> (setq mm-inline-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
> ;(setq mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
> (setq mm-text-html-renderer t)
> (setq mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)

> . Do you have any thought?
> Thanks indeed, and sorry for annoying.
> Rodolfo

I noticed I forgot to inquire the Gnus version you are using.
What is it?  To know it, start Gnus and type `M-x gnus-version'.
I wonder why you are using `mm-inline-text-html-renderer' even
though you seem to be using the latest Emacs.  It has been made
obsolete three years ago, though it is still effective.  My
recommendation is not to modify `mm-inline-text-html-renderer'
(leave it as nil) but to use the following instead:

(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)

The value of the `mm-inline-text-html-with-images' controls the
initial state of whether to display images in html articles.
You can switch the state using `t' or `T' command in the article
buffer (if all the things go well).