Re: Searching emacswiki.org

> BTW: I think

> ("emacswiki" "http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?search=%s";)

> should be added to `w3m-search-engine-alist' and probably

> ("en.wikipedia" "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=%s";)
> ("de.wikipedia" "http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Search?search=%s";)

Thanks for the suggestion.  It seems that the de entry requires
the coding-system spec:

("de.wikipedia" "http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Search?search=%s"; utf-8)

Is this right?  I was successful to search for the word
"Enzyklopädie" with it.

> and other languages too (I think there are not that much
> "big" non English wikipedia editions).

For Japanese users:

("ja.wikipedia" "http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%%e7%%89%%b9%%e5%%88%%a5:Search?search=%s"; utf-8)

It is somewhat ugly because of "%%", which prevents `format'
from interpreting it as a format spec.  Does anyone know a
better way?  In Japanese:

"%%..." の部分は「特別」をエンコードしたものです。format() に食
わせるために "%" を "%%" にしてあるんですが、もっと醜くないやり
方はありませんかねえ?