Re: Searching emacswiki.org

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:43:32 +0900 Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> BTW: I think
>
>> ("emacswiki" "http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?search=%s";)
>
>> should be added to `w3m-search-engine-alist' and probably
>
>> ("en.wikipedia" "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=%s";)
>> ("de.wikipedia" "http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Search?search=%s";)
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  It seems that the de entry requires
> the coding-system spec:
>
> ("de.wikipedia" "http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Search?search=%s"; utf-8)
>
> Is this right?  I was successful to search for the word
> "Enzyklopädie" with it.

For me i works w/o he coding-system spec.  But that's maybe
because i have set LC_CTYPE to some UTF-8 locale.

Can you check he emacswiki search?  I think this wiki uses
UTF-8 too (it has a Japanese section, or try to search
for the German word 'Menü').

>> and other languages too (I think there are not that much
>> "big" non English wikipedia editions).

http://www.wikipedia.org/ lists 10 editions with > 100k
articles.

David