Re: http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/#requirements

> Hi everyone.  I've been looking into installing w3m on the latest
> XEmacs beta under gentoo and was running into considerable trouble
> trying to install the apel package from emacs rather than xemacs, so I
> went out onto the #xemacs IRC channel and asked how to do it. Nelson
> Ferreira (njsf) told me that the XEmacs version of apel works fine now
> with w4m so the above referenced location of the web page probably
> needs to be corrected so other newbs like myself don't end up going
> down that same more difficult path.

Emacs-w3m relies on APEL of the authors' version and is tested
with it.  The emacs-w3m developers don't know how the
maintainer(s) of the APEL XEmacs package update and synchronize
it with the authors' version.  In fact, it doesn't seem to be
being performed for a long time as long as I saw the ChangeLog
file.  Furthermore, we don't have a capacity to maintain
emacs-w3m so as to work with both the versions and the FLIM
package which shimbun modules use depends deeply on the charset
and MIME stuff provided by APEL.  Therefore, we cannot guarantee
that emacs-w3m works with the APEL XEmacs package even if it is
currently usable.  Sorry.