Re: http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/#requirements

> Emacs-w3m relies on APEL of the authors' version and is tested
> with it.  The emacs-w3m developers don't know how the
> maintainer(s) of the APEL XEmacs package update and synchronize
> it with the authors' version.  In fact, it doesn't seem to be
> being performed for a long time as long as I saw the ChangeLog
> file.  Furthermore, we don't have a capacity to maintain
> emacs-w3m so as to work with both the versions and the FLIM
> package which shimbun modules use depends deeply on the charset
> and MIME stuff provided by APEL.  Therefore, we cannot guarantee
> that emacs-w3m works with the APEL XEmacs package even if it is
> currently usable.  Sorry.

Oops.  I overlooked the most recent entries of the ChangeLog
file.

2005-12-06  Ville Skyttä  <scop@xxxxxxxxxx>

	* *.el, README.*: Sync with 10.6.

And I realized the differences between APEL 10.6 and the APEL
XEmacs package 1.32 are very little.  So, I've updated the
sentence in question as follows:

  Note: You must not use the APEL XEmacs package (which is
  contained in SUMO) of the versions older than 1.32.  If you
  have already installed such a version, you should upgrade it
  or replace it with APEL which is linked above.

I will also update some documents in the emacs-w3m CVS
repository within a couple of days.

Thanks.