Re: Making emacs-w3m part of Emacs

> On 24 May'06 21:45, Romain wrote:

>> Apologies if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything
>> relevant in the list archives (but then they're mostly in Japanese).
>>
>> I think emacs-w3m should become part of Emacs.  It's fast, it's usable,
>> it's pretty, it's convenient; in every aspect it is what Emacs/W3 should
>> have been.  Now it even has a very respectable Info manual.

Last year, I got an offer from Richard (attached below) and
discussed it with the developers who have a write access to
CVS.  No one opposed incorporating emacs-w3m into Emacs, but...

> I totally agree.  Another issue is that w3m needs to be included as well.

I think it is a good idea to make w3m a GNU software as well.
Even if it is impossible, Richard said that it is not a matter
that emacs-w3m uses non-GNU programs if they are free software.

>> Apart from a manual, the main requirement for the inclusion of a new
>> package in Emacs is copyright assignments for every author of the
>> software, and collecting those can be a tedious and long process; I can
>> only encourage you to start it now if emacs-w3m is to enter Emacs even
>> in the not-so-immediate future.
>>
>> What do you think?

The main problem is that it is not easy to a few core developers
to get an approval of their boss.  What I can do for the moment
is only to pray that they succeed.
--- Begin Message ---
Is there a plan to put emacs-w3m into Emacs?
Should there be one?

--- End Message ---