Re: Tiny sb-the-register.el patch

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:11:41 +0900 Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> BTW, do you think it would make sense to somehow (probably a
>> note in the manual) encourage shimbun users to report such
>> small annoyances?  I haven't read the register for some time
>> so never noticed this.
>
> I agree to urge users to report bugs even if they're trivial.
> (No report might mean nobody uses it after all, though.) How
> about putting the following message at the beginning of the
> manual and the emacs-w3m home page?
>
> If you have any trouble with this software, please let us
> know.  We will fix your problems as soon as possible.

Wouldn't harm but with a shimbun I could imagine that a lot
of users wouldn't consider it as a bug if an ad or some
small annoying images aren't filtered.  But these things
appear quite often and are usually trivial to fix.

I thought of a note at the beginning of the shimbun chapter
in the emacs-w3m manual that encourages users to report
articles that "somehow don't look perfect".

How about:

"The shimbun module has the goal to generate articles that
are as readable as normal mail or news posting.  This goal
is often difficult to achieve as web sites change the html
of their articles.

If you notice (even small) annoyances like nonsense images
within the text or any other text that is not related to the
article please report them using `report-emacs-w3m-bug'."

David