Re: google buttons

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Henry, could you send the contents of the message that you make
>>> using `C-c C-b' (M-x report-emacs-w3m-bug RET)?
>
>> Yes, sure, here it is:
>
> Thanks.  The notable difference between you and me is:
>
>>| w3m-use-mule-ucs
>>|  => t
>
> Does this mean you really use Mule-UCS?  In other words, do you
> have something like (load "un-define"), (require 'un-define),
> (setq w3m-use-mule-ucs t) or other in your ~/.emacs file?
>
> I couldn't try it since I don't have the version of Mule-UCS
> that is able to build with Emacs 23 and does work.  If you use
> Mule-UCS built with Emacs 22 (or 21), you'd better not use it.
> Because the byte codes between 22 and 23 are incompatible.
> Anyway, could you try not using Mule-UCS?

I set w3m-use-mule-usc to nil which changed nothing (you're right, I don't really use
Mule-UCS)

But I find the real culprit, it was this piece of configuration in my .emacs-custom.el

 '(w3m-add-user-agent t)
 '(w3m-user-agent "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)")

Some days ago I was experimenting with anonymisation (tor and privoxy) and made the above
setting for emacs/w3m. For it has no real use I cancelled it and everything works
fine now.

Great thanks for your help

henry