Re: kill-ring-save and w3m-buffer

> Location: http://www.gnu.org/

[...]

> If the same is done with mouse, dragging from the
> beginning to the end, keeping left mouse pressed, text
> is highlighted and already in kill-ring too.

> However, if I do then a "M-x w" (`kill-ring-save'), I
> get an error:

=> The mark is not active now

I've fixed it in the emacs-w3m CVS trunk.  Thanks for reporting.
The mark is normally deactivated when a Lisp function is executed,
though there are many exceptions.  In that case, the function that
makes a help-echo string is executed while dragging the mouse
because of the links.  I've made that function bind the variable
`deactivate-mark' to nil.

(For the moment I don't know how to fix it in XEmacs as well.)

Regards,