Re: w3m-process-sentinel (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)

> With `browse-url-browser-function' set to `w3m-browse-url', `(browse-url
> "news:gmane.emacs.devel";)' returns error. See the backtrace:

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   string-match("^image/" nil)

It is because emacs-w3m (in reality, w3m) failed to fetch a
newsgroup.  The most likely cause is that you have not set the
NNTPSERVER environment variable.  To do that in Emacs is:

(setenv "NNTPSERVER" "news.gmane.org")

In addition, please use the latest emacs-w3m from CVS.  I've made
a workaround right now so that it may regard news contents (which
w3m returns for news:* urls) as text/html.

(I must confess that this is the first time I tried reading news
with emacs-w3m. ;-)