Re: character issue

This line grows up in bytes every time you replied.  This is why
I suspect that you (or emacspeak) do something special in your
Emacs.

[...]

> I'm not sure, but I think the synth is the last part in the chain:

> HTML > w3m > emacs-w3m > synth

I imagine there might be some thing meddling to the middle of
this chain.  I'm not skilled in Emacs' English and Latin text
handling (because I am Japanese), but I heard there are some
special tools, e.g., the standard-display-european function.  I
vaguely guess emacspeak might use such ones that affect Emacs'
basic functions to protect itself against unsupported characters.

[...]

>>> I might ask on the emacspeak list to see if anyone else is seeing this
>>> and if so what they are doing about it.
>>
>> Please don't mind showing my articles to them.  Those are in:
>>
>> http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.w3m/thread=7055/force_load=t

> Thanks.  I will pass this along.

Anyway I hope you get a good solution from the emacspeak list.
Please write to this list again if there's anything by which we
might be able to help you.

Regards,