Re: w3m freezes / 99% cpu?

> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka <at> jpl.org> writes:

>> Could you post to this list the message that causes a problem on
>> OS X?  I neither use Mac nor have ever experienced such a trouble

> Sure, I'd be happy to. Can you tell me how I might test it first
> though, so I can separate any mailer problems from w3m problems?
> What I'd like to hear is something like:

> - Take the complete HTML.
> - Put it in a file.

The html data passed to w3m should be in the raw (binary) form.

> - Run "w3m file.html". Watch it freeze.

In that case, w3m doesn't work on the same condition as when
emacs-w3m is used for Wanderlust to display html messages.
Although it might be able to reproduce the same trouble even
with that, emacs-w3m runs w3m with the -halfdump option then,
and the data that w3m returns are not human-readable.

> - Send us file.html.

> But I'm pretty sure I can't do that direct with w3m - what's
> the kind of arguments I need to reproduce? :)

Well, a list of arguments that passed to w3m is rather
complicated.  It will be the one to which the values of
`w3m-halfdump-command-arguments' and
`w3m-halfdump-command-common-arguments' and image options are
merged, but will vary according to the system and user's
preferences.  For instance:

-halfdump -o ext_halfdump=1 -o strict_iso2022=0 -o fix_width_conv=1-o\
use_jisx0201=0 -o ucs_conv=1 -I UTF-8 -O UTF-8

The most easy way (I think) to extract data and to know the
arguments is to run edebug on Emacs.