Re: wrong-type-argument arrayp nil (with V23)

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:50:51 +0900
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Could you tell us how you configured the options for newsticker?

> I configured newsticker to use w3m for rendering.

Is what you've done only to have customized `browse-url' (which
`newsticker-browse-url' calls) so as to run emacs-w3m?  Have you
never customized the newsticker options like `newsticker-wget-name',
`newsticker-wget-arguments', `newsticker-html-renderer', etc.?
There seems to be no emacs-w3m developer who is skilled with
newsticker, so we need to know everything for reproducing a problem.

>>What url causes a trouble?

> Here is the log which I get now:

> Starting timer for Xfce Goodies: nil, 3600
> Starting timer for Xfce News: nil, 3600
> Newsticker started!
> Monday, 14:53: Getting news for Xfce Goodies
> Monday, 14:53: Getting news for Xfce News
> Parsing RSS 1.0 feed Xfce Goodies
> Monday, 14:53: Getting image for Xfce Goodies skipped
> Parsing RSS 2.0 feed Xfce News
> Preparing newsticker buffer...
> Error: cannot create image for Xfce Goodies: (error Cannot determine
> image type)

Though I haven't investigated this `Error', it is only what
newsticker reports, not a real error (which stops Emacs).

> and I have following urls:

> http://goodies.xfce.org/feed.php
> http://www.xfce.org/?feed=rss2&lang=en

I've added these urls to `newsticker-url-list'.

> However, when I experienced the backtrace sent in previous
> email, I imported the following opml file (in the attachment).

>> What did you do at that time?

> M-x newsticker-start and
> M-x newsticker-show-news

I tried it but have never experienced an error so far.

> After some experimenting, it looks that emacs-w3m fails with:

> http://planet.haskell.org/rss20.xml feed.

OTOH, TSUCHIYA Masatoshi has made a change in the code that might
be concerned with your problem.  Could you try the most latest CVS?
(I will never use it until I can reproduce the problem. ;-)

Regards,