Re: wrong-type-argument arrayp nil (with V23)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:39:55 +0900
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is what you've done only to have customized `browse-url' (which
> `newsticker-browse-url' calls) so as to run emacs-w3m?  Have you
> never customized the newsticker options like `newsticker-wget-name',
> `newsticker-wget-arguments', `newsticker-html-renderer', etc.?

I customized newsticker-html-renderer to use w3m.

Here is snippet from my ~/.emacs:

(load "~/.emacs.d/newsticker.el") ;; newer newsticker.el which fixes
;;                                                opml import
;;(load "~/.emacs.d/newsticker-gui.el")

(autoload 'w3m-region "w3m"
     "Render region in current buffer and replace with result." t)
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(erc-modules (quote (autoaway autojoin completion fill irccontrols
log menu netsplit noncommands readonly ring services smiley stamp
spelling track))) '(erc-server "irc.freenode.net") '(mm-url-program
(quote w3m)) '(mm-url-use-external t)
 '(newsticker-automatically-mark-items-as-old nil)
 '(newsticker-automatically-mark-visited-items-as-old nil)
 '(newsticker-debug t)
 '(newsticker-hide-obsolete-items-in-echo-area nil)
 '(newsticker-hide-old-items-in-echo-area nil)
 '(newsticker-html-renderer (quote w3m-region))
 '(newsticker-show-all-news-elements t)
 '(newsticker-url-list (quote (("Planet Haskell"
"http://planet.haskell.org/rss20.xml"; nil nil nil))))
'(newsticker-url-list-defaults nil))

> There seems to be no emacs-w3m developer who is skilled with
> newsticker, so we need to know everything for reproducing a problem.

OK.

> I've added these urls to `newsticker-url-list'.

See below.

> > http://planet.haskell.org/rss20.xml feed.
>
> OTOH, TSUCHIYA Masatoshi has made a change in the code that might
> be concerned with your problem.  Could you try the most latest CVS?
> (I will never use it until I can reproduce the problem. ;-)

I can confirm that the above URL is causing problems.

Tried with latest CVS and I get:

error in process sentinel: w3m-process-start-queued-processes: Wrong
type argument: arrayp, nil error in process sentinel: Wrong type
argument: arrayp, nil

I'm really curious if CVS versions of newsticker/emacs-w3m work with
the above URL 'cause here they certainly (re)produce the problem?

Let me state that I did not have problems when using V22, but I need
V23 due to its ability to re-configure keybindings using my
native keyboard layout.

Sincerely,
Gour