Re: should treat HTTP 404 just like other pages

jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am using WWWOFFLE offline today. For pages not yet in its cache,
> WWWOFFLE returns HTTP 404, and a page like:
>
> <snip>
>
> This is all well and good, except that emacs-w3m won't let me look at
> the source. w3m-view-source says
> Cannot retrieve URL: about://source/http://example.net/bla
> This is bad. Some people would like to see the source of a page, even if
> it is 404, and emacs-w3m should let them.

I've installed the fix in the CVS. Could you try it?

> OK, now there is another problem. I notice that if I forget the trailing
> slash, I get
>
> Location: http://example.net
> Cannot retrieve URL: http://example.net (exit status: 0)
> example.net could not be found; check the name of the URL.
>
> instead of the above WWWOFFLE page, however that URL still gets on the
> WWWOFFLE outgoing list, http://localhost:8080/index/outgoing/ .
>
> Real w3m does not have that problem:
>
> $ w3m -dump http://example.net
> WWWOFFLE - World Wide Web Offline Explorer - v2.9d ...

I don't know why this colud happen... I think emacs-w3m add 'slash' even
when you forget the slash. See w3m-w3m-retrieve, you may find

(lexical-let ((url (w3m-w3m-canonicalize-url url))

This line add "slash".

Regards,