Re: Default input URL for w3m-goto-url without link around point

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In the CVS version of w3m-el, at least since a while ago, the prompt for
> w3m-goto-url when the cursor is not over a link defaults to the URL of
> the current page.
>
> In my case, this is often a problem.  When i hit 'g' in a w3m buffer to
> go elsewhere, i almost never want to go to the current URL or some in
> the same page.  Often, i've got in the kill ring the URL i want to go
> to, and if i C-k the default contents of the prompt it gets added to the
> kill ring, displacing my last kill.
>
> I see this behaviour is hard-coded, because w3m-goto-url is calling
> w3m-input-url which in turns calls (w3m-active-region-or-url-at-point
> t), with t forcing the return of the current URL.
>
> Is there any chance we could make this behaviour customizable?

As another w3m user I must say: glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
Most of the time, I don't want the initial minibuffer content.

It would IMHO be better to make the url at point available with M-n, so
there would be no need to insert it into the minibuffer by default.

Michael.