Re: Default input URL for w3m-goto-url without link around point

In [emacs-w3m : No.12061] Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> In the CVS version of w3m-el, at least since a while ago, the prompt for
>> w3m-goto-url when the cursor is not over a link defaults to the URL of
>> the current page.
>>
>> In my case, this is often a problem.  When i hit 'g' in a w3m buffer to
>> go elsewhere, i almost never want to go to the current URL or some in
>> the same page.  Often, i've got in the kill ring the URL i want to go
>> to, and if i C-k the default contents of the prompt it gets added to the
>> kill ring, displacing my last kill.
>>
>> I see this behaviour is hard-coded, because w3m-goto-url is calling
>> w3m-input-url which in turns calls (w3m-active-region-or-url-at-point
>> t), with t forcing the return of the current URL.
>>
>> Is there any chance we could make this behaviour customizable?

> As another w3m user I must say: glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
> Most of the time, I don't want the initial minibuffer content.

> It would IMHO be better to make the url at point available with M-n, so
> there would be no need to insert it into the minibuffer by default.

I guess the author considered the most case a user types `g' when
the cursor doesn't point to a link is to want to go to another page
within the site; it makes it unnecessary to enter a url fully.
However, the plan went wrong, IMO, because a url thing is simply
a row of random letters, not the human editable one.  So, I'd like
to make it offer no initial minibuffer content even if the cursor
points to a link.  Here's what I want to do:

(defadvice w3m-active-region-or-url-at-point (around make-it-void activate)
  "Always return nil.")

Objection?