frozen emacs

Ok, I got nice and shiny emacs-w3m config, got my session (aka collection of opened
tabs) stored.

The problem: if I open this session it freezes emacs and causes it to eat 100% cpu.
Of course I can bisect session and remove one particular tab which causing it but the
problem is more general - I'd like to be sure that whatever junk I've found over the
internet can't possibly kill my emacs.

Is there some way to configure emacs-w3m to avoid such deadly freezes? Can I run it
in "one w3m per page" fashion? With ability to kill w3m which causing trouble and
have responsive interface all along.

cheers,
Max.