Re: w3m-goto-url with URL containing colons?

Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@xxxxxx> writes:

Hello Micheal,

> Hello Thorsten,
>
>> with leading/trailing colons being quite popular in the
>> emacs-lisp/org-mode world I often want to search for code snippets/docs
>> containing keywords like :name or tags like :ARCHIVE: and then get this
>> error:
>>
>> ,----
>> | Location: org-mode :ARCHIVE: tag
>> | Cannot retrieve URL: org-mode%20:ARCHIVE:%20tag
>> |
>> | Something seems to be wrong with URL or this system.
>> `----
>>
>> (espacing the colons does not help)
>>
>> How do I search URL's containing colons in emacs-w3m?
>
> What exactly do you mean with "search"?  Can you give an exact recipe of
> you are doing?

sorry for the late reply, somehow missed you message.

E.g. searching for the org-mode ARCHIVE tag I might type:

1. G (or M-x w3m-goto-url-new-session)

2. org-mode :ARCHIVE:

and then get

,----
| Location: org-mode :ARCHIVE:
| Cannot retrieve URL: org-mode%20:ARCHIVE:
|
| Something seems to be wrong with URL or this system.
`----

Of cource I could simply leave the colons out, but sometimes they should
be part of the search string, and I wonder how to excape them.

--
cheers,
Thorsten