Re: link anchor with % escape

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I don't know whether such a form is valid or not, but confirmed
> at least Firefox supports it.  If it happens for only the name
> portion of a url, we can make `w3m-search-name-anchor' search
> for both "name" and (w3m-url-decode-string "name").

There's a bit in the urls RFC-3986 on normalizing to test equality.  Its
section 6.2.2.2 recommends decoding unreserved chars, but I would think
that after splitting a url into path, fragment, etc parts, that equality
of the fragment could helpfully have both definition and target decoded
-- or if not decoded then normalized the same way.  Does w3m itself do
anything like that?  Perhaps it would be as easy as asking it for
normalized forms.

(Decoding unreserved chars which the rfc says would do my sample, but
not the whizzytex failing case where it's a "/" encoded and not.)