Re: 24.5; w3m.el using lambda function in keybinding definition

On 2016-07-25 13:01, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> In [emacs-w3m : No.12570]
> 	On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 22:56:51 -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
> > On line 7872 of w3m.el,
>
> Please talk about the latest emacs-w3m[1], or please let us know
> what version of emacs-w3m you are using.  But as for the later,
> it might not be worth bringing up if it is years old.

I'm using the version packaged with emacs 24.5 for debian. After some
searching, I found that there is a constant defined in w3m.el called
'emacs-w3m-version', which evaluates 1.4.483. In any event, the
problem either exists in the current version or not - it should be
easy to see - really, there shouldn't be any keys directly mapped to
lambda functions.

> BTW, you should be able to rebind any key no matter what form is
> used to express the bound function.  I.e.,
>
> (define-key w3m-mode-map "KEY" 'FUNCTION)

That's the point I'm trying to make, and the problem that I'm
reporting - when the w3m.el source defines a key to a lambda function,
there is no way to remap **the_function** to another keybinding
because 'FUNCTION doesn't have a name - its a lambda function. So, a
user would have to copy the lambda funtion in its entirety. It should
not be a lambda function.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0