Re: saving a buffer without images

In [emacs-w3m : No.12598]
	On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 00:03:41 -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
> Those functions seem to be common-lisp, not e-lisp, and I do see in
> w3m-hist.el the snippet:
>   (eval-when-compile
>     (require 'cl))

> So:
> 1] Should it be only `eval-when-compile', or always?

Not always.  That (featurep 'cl) returns nil is normal.

> 2] Will this affect my ability to perform a backtrace on the error
> that I reported? If so, how would I circumvent it?

What I do to get a Lisp backtrace usually is:

・Do `M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET' in order to set
  the `debug-on-error' variable to t.
・Do something to make an error happen.
・Copy the backtrace and type `C-]' to quit the debugger.
・If the backtrace contains a byte-code, that is not human
  readable, load some .el module(s), not .elc, and do it again.

Regards,