Re: Moving from CVS to git

Hi,

>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:06:38 +0900
>> tsuchiya@xxxxxxxxxx (TSUCHIYA Masatoshi) said as follows:

>I and Katsumi discussed about migration from CVS to Git, and have just
>agreed.  I am working to convirt our CVS repository to Git.

We are still working to convert our CVS repository to Git.

The problem is the treatment of $Revision$ string which was
automatically converted by CVS, and which was used to decide
emacs-w3m-version.

My idea is to use the filter attribute describted at

    https://git-scm.com/docs/gitattributes.

You can see my experimental implementation at

    https://github.com/tsuchm/emacs-w3m

However, this implementation still has a problem that all people who
clone Git repository will have to invoke appropriate Git config
commands.

If you have a better solution, please let me know.

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi