Re: reload twice with minimal (?) example and 'emacs -q'

Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:

>> I installed the 20190422.2311 version from
>> MELPA just now. I still get the
>> w3m-url-invalid-regexp void variable error.
>
> w3m-url-invalid-regexp is no longer used
> (removed on 2017-07-21), so the cause of the
> problem might be in your dot-files ~/.??* or
> somewhere else in your system.

I don't have it in any of my 8 w3m related
files, and not in my 108 other Elisp files
either. No, it is probably - as you say -
somewhere else in my system, and even more
probably so it is a remain of the Raspbian 9
(stretch) repos installation of
w3m-el-snapshot. Why 'aptitude purge' didn't
remove it tho, I don't know. Could it have been
put in some other file during the
pack's installation?

I'll look for it...

>>> If you'd like to use the Debian package
>>> management system and accept some months
>>> old version, install w3m-el-snapshot from
>>> testing with APT pinning or manually.
>>
>> apt pinning, that sounds interesting but
>> I never did it. Will investigate it,
>> perhaps...
>
> Add the `testing` line to
> /etc/apt/sources.list, and make