Re: bookmark file not reloaded until w3m restart

Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:

>> byte-compile my Elisp [1] with this Makefile
>> [2]. It is not only about performance,
>
> Perhaps your *.elc files include old stuff
> that's troublesome, so please remove your own
> *.elc files (and then byte-compile them with
> the current packages if you need).

I'm afraid not, I have removed them all and
recompiled. The problem remains :(

OK, I'll now describe this problem in as much
detail I can muster from my poor brain and
fingers...

First, I created a test HTML file [yanked last]
and opened it in Emacs-w3m. I edited it, and
reloaded it in Emacs-w3m, just hitting my key
for `w3m-reload-this-page'. The edit I made
showed up immediately - no problem whatsoever.

To double-confirm the original problem, I went
to the bookmark file, using my key for

(defun w3m-show-bookmarks ()
  (interactive)
  (w3m-new-tab "bookmarks")
  (w3m-bookmark-view t) ) ; RELOAD

This brings me to the bookmarks, and I use my
key to do

(defun w3m-edit-url-or-bookmarks ()
  (interactive)
  (if (string= w3m-current-url w3m-bookmark-url)
      (w3m-bookmark-edit)
    (w3m-edit-current-url) )) ; [1]

which brings me to the bookmark local HTML
file, which is ~/.w3m/bookmark.html. I make my
edit, do `save-buffer', then I hit my key for

(defun kill-current-buffer ()
  (interactive)
  (kill-buffer (current-buffer)) ) ; [2]

I get back to the Emacs-w3m bookmarks tab, hit
`w3m-reload-this-page', but, again
nothing happens.

I do "w3m-edit-url-or-bookmarks" to confirm my
edit is still there, which it is.

I close the Emacs-w3m bookmarks tab, and go
there again (i.e., w/o first restarting
Emacs-w3m) with "w3m-show-bookmarks" - still
no change!

I do `w3m-delete-buffer' until Emacs-w3m is
exited, then I do `w3m'. Only _now_ is the
edit there!

At this point I have no idea what is going on.
Perhaps this detailed description can make you
guys see something, which I cannot :)

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/bookmarks.el

[2] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/close.el

[test HTML file]