Re: w3m-view-this-url-new-session in background

In [emacs-w3m:13549]
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 22:13:11 -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
> On 2019-09-12 09:32, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> I think so, too.  I'm going to work on it.  Thanks.

> I think I've asked this question before: Why have both sets of functions
> -goto- and -view- ? Doesn't each set perform the same operation? If so,
> then it would be better to combine them or deprecate one.

Done (git master).
I added this text to the docstring of -goto- and -view-:

The buffer will get visible if BACKGROUND is nil or there is no other
emacs-w3m buffer regardless of BACKGROUND, otherwise (BACKGROUND is
non-nil) the buffer will be created but not appear to be visible.
BACKGROUND defaults to the value of `w3m-new-session-in-background',
but it will be inverted if called interactively with the prefix arg.