Re: Error when calling 'report-emacs-w3m-bug'

In [emacs-w3m:13552]
On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 03:26:41 +0200, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> Unfortunately I'm not familiar with MLPA.  If it is a complete
>> copy of emacs-w3m it should inherit the last hash value of the
>> git revision into the `emacs-w3m-git-revision' constant.  To get
>> the value, do the following or simply `make' in the local copy
>> of the original emacs-w3m git repository.
>> $ git log --oneline -n 1 .| awk '{print $1}'

> I'm not sure Melpa's build machinery is able to do that.  I read the
> docs in https://github.com/melpa/melpa - especially about recipes, but
> didn't find anything that would help here.  They allow to specify a
> :version-regexp, but that only searches for tags.

> BTW, the w3m package in Melpa has a name like "w3m-20190912.703", maybe
> you can just use the date string instead of the revision hash?

That's good if it can be done when committing something or pushing
it to the original git repository.  However, I want it to be done
automaticaly, but I have no idea how to do that so far.  Moreover,
if that is possible, to embed the revision hash would be easy too,
isn't it?

> BTW, AFAIR Auctex had similar (and harder) problems with their Gnu Elpa
> package, and now, AFAIU Gnu Melpa supports building with Makefiles
> (named "Gnumakefile").  Melpa probably doesn't, at least I didn't find
> anything about it.

Hmm.