Re: Search engine duckduckgo URL results 404

Hi,

I tried: C-u M-x w3m-search RET duckduckgo RET emacs-w3m RET
It doesn't work; only the duckduckgo-lite top (query box) page
appears with no search string.  I didn't modify
`w3m-search-engine-alist' so the duckduckgo entry is:

("duckduckgo" "https://duckduckgo.com/lite"; utf-8 "q=%s")

Does it mean that emacs-w3m fails to send a search string as
post-data?  However

In [emacs-w3m:13634]
On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 22:29:05 +0200, Tomas Nordin wrote:
> I have this entry in w3m-search-engine-alist:

> '("duck" "https://duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=%s";)

> and that has been working fine for years. But now

It works for me.  So, I can use the following workaround:

(eval-after-load "w3m-search"
  '(setcdr (assoc "duckduckgo" w3m-search-engine-alist)
	   '("https://duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=%s";)))

> the resulting url:s
> look like this, (with a search for "searching url duckduckgo")

> https://lite.duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2Fparams

> for example, and that link is broken. I cannot figure out how I should
> compose the ACTION part of my search url string. Any ideas?

Well, I don't know, sorry.  But there should not be the code
that does such a complexly in emacs-w3m, I think.