emacs-w3m on Xemacs without mule (non-member post)

Hi,

I'm not subscribed to emacs-w3m ml because I don't read Japanese but I
saw here big discussion about emacs-w3m on Xemacs without mule and this
question is very interesting for me.

Could somebody explain me what were results of this discussion?  Are
there emacs-w3m version that work (will work) on Xemacs without mule?

I use emacs-w3m more than a year now and very happy with it.  Great
work! Only problem is that I need to remove all mule related stuff
from each new version and it takes time that I don't have now :-(

So, if there will be official version of non-mule emacs w3m I would be
really happy.

--
Thanks, Greg