Re: [w3m-dev-en 00782] Re: w3m 0.3.2 release candidate 1

Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>:

> If you didn't build without image (#undef USE_IMAGE), w3m options
> doesn't contain the string "image", then emacs-w3m will
> automatically detect to set w3m-treat-image-size to nil unless you
> specify it explicitly.  What version of emacs-w3m are you using?

w3m-user-agent's value is
"Emacs-w3m/1.3.78 w3m/0.3.2rc1"

i know about the "image" and the w3m-treat-image-size variable.  but
when "image" isn't found in w3m's options string, it gets called with
the option display_image=off.  rc1 doesn't recognize this option!

this is code in:

  (defsubst w3m-rendering-half-dump (&optional charset) ...)

in w3m_el/w3m.el.

> Of course, w3m keep almost all options for backward compatibility.
> I think there are little changes around here since w3m 0.3.1.  The
> only changes is that imgsize options (to specify w3mimgsize program
> path) is obsoleted because w3mimgsize functionality is merged to
> w3mimgdisplay.

good!  so you might consider just ignoring display_image=X options on
the command line, that would help in this case.

regards,

clemens