Re: Call for info writers

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> I've written the "Reading HTML mails in Gnus" section in English
> and translated it into Japanese.

The snow began to fall tonight, so my other plans were cancelled.  I
have therefore had time to proofread the nodes by YAMATO-san and this
node about Gnus, it is excellent work!

Please keep these guidelines in mind, though:

- write at the present tense.  No future, no past tense.
- write actively, as in "You can do this" or "We have added that"
- put @findex and @vindex at the exact place where the function is
  described in a node, i.e. in the @table @kbd and not at the top level
  of the node.  And put it only once.  :)

It makes more easily readable documentation.

My diff is ~420 lines long right now since I had to rewrite some
paragraphs completely, I even had difficulty understanding what the
author meant at some places.  I also tried to follow Yamaoka-san's style
and be a little less rigorous, I like funny documentation too.  I hope
it's not a problem.  ;)

I'll send this patch tomorrow along with the nodes I promised.

Cheers,

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com> | They're nothing but cold
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | little demons.