Re: Change in space syntax in CVS Emacs 21

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs@rum.cs.yale.edu> reported on the
emacs-devel@gnu.org list on 18 Feb 2003 9:36:03 UTC that

    With the current CVS trunk, I still have trouble with ? syntax:

    ELISP> '(?\ ?\-)
    *** Read error ***  Invalid read syntax: "?"
    ELISP> '(? ?\-)
    *** Read error ***  Invalid read syntax: "?"
    ELISP>

    Such forms are used everywhere, so we have to allow them in
    order not to break backward compatibility.

and the problem in w3m.el is located right after the second "?" in
the following expression:

    (define-key map [?\C-c?\C- ] 'w3m-history-store-position)

So maybe CVS will be fixed in a way that you don't have to worry about
w3m.el.  I don't know.  In any case, it is worth keeping an eye on the
issue.

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@rattlesnake.com