Re: Shimbun Basics

* Katsumi Yamaoka:

> Okay.  Then I request non-Japanese people who read the "Shimbun
> Basics" info section.  Anyone?

i did not find this section, but read other introductory passages
("shimbun library").  in my opinion shimbun is superior to RSS if it
will be possible to write an RSS module for it.

the development of gnus' RSS backend and shimbun should definitely be
coordinated, because they follow the same idea.  RSS seems to be one
special case, and shimbun seems to implement other special cases
(asahi, yomiuri, ...).

it would be dangerous to have the two development lines run isolated,
because one day or other they will compete both for users and
developers, and one of them will propably loose and vanish, together
with its special merits.

i personally see the typical schism of japanese and english
technology, and i wish i could understand japanese.

regards,

  clemens