Coding charset iso-latin-1

This bug report will be sent to the emacs-w3m development team,
 not to your local site managers!!
Please write in simple English, because the emacs-w3m developers
aren't good at English reading. ;-)

Please describe as succinctly as possible:
	- What happened.
	- What you thought should have happened.
	- Precisely what you were doing at the time.

Please also include any Lisp back-traces that you may have.
Dear Bug Team!

I have problems seeing umlauts.

E.g. what I see is:

,----
| Übung zur äüö Vorlesung "Numerische Methoden"
| Bemerkungen und Aufgaben
|
| ???
`----

Originally, the question marks should be "äüö" as to be seen in the
relevant HTML-snippet:

,----
| <HTML>
| <HEAD>
| <TITLE>
| UebungNUMMETH
| </TITLE>
|
| </HEAD>
|
| <BODY BACKGROUND = "cn.jpg">
|
| <H2>
| Übung zur äüö Vorlesung "Numerische Methoden"<BR>
| Bemerkungen und Aufgaben
| </H2>
|
| äüö

`----

Viewing this page in plain w3m, everything works fine.

It might be a problem of my settings. Actually, I did not customize any
of w3m.*coding.* variables, which might necessary.

So please, give me a hint, when the "bug" is on my side.

Thanks for the help and for emacs-w3m at all.

Holger
(who is using emacs-w3m all the time)

System Info to help track down your bug:
---------------------------------------
emacs-w3m-version
 => "1.4"
emacs-version
 => "GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)\n of 2004-03-04 on mfkpc34"
mule-version
 => "5.0 (SAKAKI)"
system-type
 => gnu/linux
w3m-version
 => "w3m/0.5.1"
w3m-type
 => w3m-m17n
w3m-compile-options
 => ("lang=en" "m17n" "image" "color" "ansi-color" "mouse" "gpm" "menu" "cookie" "ssl" "ssl-verify" "external-uri-loader" "w3mmailer" "nntp" "ipv6" "alarm" "mark")
w3m-language
 => nil
w3m-command-arguments
 => nil