Re: nnrss should borrow nnshibmun's RSS date processor...or something

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>> I promise that I'll confirm and fix it within this week.
>
>> No rush!  I just wanted to make sure I was clear.  Thanks for all of your
>> work!
>
> Now I can say there's a bug because Gnus cannot necessarily
> convert ISO 8601 date into some formats using gnus-treat-date-*.
> Moreover, timezone.el doesn't fully support ISO 8601 date even
> in Emacs 22.  So, I've made change in nnrss.el so that it always
> provides RFC822 date which Gnus should understand.  It is easier
> than to make Gnus fully support ISO 8601 date.

Thanks--it works great!

> P.S. I've also fixed the way to fill text/plain parts.

Ha!  I've noticed some problems in this area but haven't tracked them down
yet.  Your changes don't seem to make a difference for me.  For example,
when I W Q in the Summary buffer this text/plain part:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/arstechnica/BAaf?m=1590
Ars Technica is at CES 2006, and this quick item will detail how our coverage
will pan out over the next few days.

gets filled to this:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/arstechnica/BAaf?m=1590
Ars Technica is at CES 2006, and this quick item will detail how our
coverage
will pan out over the next few days.

fill-column is set to 75.